[ExI] what if...

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Tue May 10 23:22:19 UTC 2011

Ahh Spike,

Great thought experiment!  I love following the 411 scam baiters that scam
these scammers.  I even dabbled in that a bit, myself, and got quite a bit
out of a few scammers with some very fun and elaborate stories.
(Unfortunately, no real cache yet, just a bunch of forged casher’s checks
and stuff like that.)

All you really need is a good reputation system, which is really just the
ability for crowds to communicate concisely and quantitatively (you know,
like canonizer.com is trying to do.)

Also, one friend of mine said, like the infamous Better Business Bureau, we
need a better consumer bureau.  For example some people are real bad
consumers, they return lots of items, only purchase things that are on sale,
using every possible coupon, while I know I’m a much better consumer.  Love
to pay large tips, never return stuff, use a payment method that is cheapest
for the seller, not just cheapest for me…  and I would like to have some
reliable way to communicate such information to all the stores and places of
business I walk into.

Some day soon, whether via something like canonizer.com, or perhaps some
more AI assisted method for doing surveys and merge and find consensus
amongst diverse views, we’ll have the ability for crowds to communicate
concisely and quantitatively.  When that happens, everyone and everything
will have a reputation.  Finally, all the spam and scam will be a thing of
the anonymous wild west web of the past and the people in Nigeria… will be
able to do business online.

Brent Allsop

P.S.  If you are in Nigeria, trying to any business online, feel free to use
canonizer.com to start building your expert consensus reputation, so you can
finally get people to trust you.