[ExI] Fat Head (was: sorta mod version of paleo diet)

Max More max at maxmore.com
Mon May 23 16:56:34 UTC 2011

Yes, grass-fed beef is much preferable to grain-fed due to the vastly better
omega 3 to 6 ratio.

Grain-fed beef has an omega 6:3 ratio of 20:1 or higher. Essentially, there
is hardly any omega 3. (J. Anim. Sci. 2000. 78:2849-2855). Grass-fed beef
typically has a vastly better omega 6:3 ratio. Other advantages: grass-fed
beef is higher in B-vitamins, beta-carotene, vitamin E, magnesium, calcium,
and selenium, and has 3 to 5 times more CLA (conjugated linoleic acid).
There are other benefits too. Some info here:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-differences-between-grass-fed-beef-and-grain-fed-beef/

--- Max