[ExI] Cephalization, proles--Where is government going?

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Fri May 27 05:26:49 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Damien Sullivan
<phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:

> Well, in my case, I had a strong sense of Moral Clarity, much like Rafal
> and Samantha exhibit today.

### Hey, I don't have a sense of Moral Clarity!

I am mostly annoyed by stupidity and hypocrisy but after that all this
ethics stuff gets rather mushy and ill-defined which is no surprise,
since ethics is just human wishes frilled up in fancy wording and
therefore likely to be confused and messy.

-------------------

  > Coercion Was Wrong.

### It must be at least 9 or 10 years since I seriously thought in this way.

  Once you
> view private property as somewhat tainted in the real world, that Moral
> Clarity about the rights of billionaires to not be taxed for starving
> children evaporates.

### It seems that no matter how many times I say I don't believe in
rights as a useful moral notion, I am being pigeonholed in the same
little imaginary spot in the ethical configuration space. What gives?

Rafal