[ExI] a very silly story

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat May 28 14:07:47 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] a very silly story

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Anders Sandberg  wrote:
<snip>
>> (The fact that I am still alive, not lacking any fingers and not poisoned
is evidence for the many worlds theory of quantum mechanics a  la quantum
suicide computing :-) )

>But think of the damage you caused to the other Anderslings throughout the
multiverse!  ;)

This is something I think about: in my own misspent youth, I derived or
stumbled on a variety of cool devilment one can do with chemicals.  I lived
close enough to unpopulated areas I could do plenty of this stuff without
concern of harming other proles or getting caught.  I would take my stuff
unmixed in a knapsack out to the proving grounds, mix and ignite it out
there.  We would use model rocket igniters to maintain safe distances.  But
I don't publish any of this stuff on the internet.  I would be too worried
some cocky little twit would kill himself with it.  I did keep some of my
old notebooks, but I may never publish that stuff.

>  It is a bit like Karma - As ye sow, so shall ye reap.  BillK

Ja, right, and as soon as ye say that, ye cause a bunch of proles to start
saying ye.  And ye Brits started it, back in ye olde days.  Then Crazy
Guggenhiem started up with it and it's been ye ye ye ever since.