[ExI] egyptian protesters

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue May 31 04:19:16 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of Damien Sullivan

>Not to mention respect for one's fellow woman.  Or man, even.  The misogyny
could be more palpable but not with ease.

-xx- Damien X-)

A more stark contrast between east and west is seldom seen:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/meast/05/30/egypt.virginity.tests/index.html?h
pt=T1

Comment after comment jars the consciousness, but the one which perhaps best
shows the opposite views of western society with Egyptian authorities:

"We didn't want them to say we had sexually assaulted or raped them, so we
wanted to prove that they weren't virgins in the first place," the general
said. "None of them were (virgins)."

In the west, a positive test for virginity would prove the women had not
been raped, but in Egypt, a negative test for virginity apparently
demonstrates that the protester cannot be raped.  To add insult to injury,
non-virginity is grounds for being charged with prostitution.

I am surprised CNN reported this.  Apparently they wish to be Fox news.

Oy what a screwed up country is Egypt.