[ExI] New CERN neutrino speed results today, and the FTL signal is STILL THERE!

john clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 20 21:11:29 UTC 2011

On Nov 20, 2011, at 9:20 AM, Darren Greer wrote:

"What it [FTL]violates is the causality of special relativity by having particles sent back in time and having messages and replies received before they are sent [...]  I would be interested to know, however, why John thinks this neutrino thing could be support for Evertt's Many World's Theory"

Yes, if signals can travel faster than light then you can send messages to the past, and that can cause paradoxes, so assuming the universe will not tolerate paradoxes there must be a way to avoid them. Perhaps the message is sent not to the past of this universe but to the past on another very similar parallel universe. A few years ago I wrote a post on that subject, this is part of it:
What about the logical paradoxes that would result from communicating with the past, wouldn't that be enough to rule out Tachyons? It would if anybody saw them, but suppose nature rubbed out any witnesses to her crime and brought a universe to an end that was about to see a paradox.

Damn, I just knocked my coffee cup off the table, what a mess! I'm really not in the mood to clean it up, instead I'll use my iTime model 14,400 Neutrino modem and send myself some E mail 2 minutes ago. I'll just hit the send key now and

.....brought a universe to an end that was about to see a paradox. Pardon me, I just got some E mail from John, let's see what it says:

"Dear John

Be careful with that coffee cup near your elbow, you're about to knock it over."

Wow, John is right, that cup is dangerously near the edge! I'll put it in a safe place. It was nice of John to warn me about it, it's too bad that means oblivion for him and his entire universe, but that's life, nature just will not allow anybody to observe a paradox.

I know what you're thinking, how could John be so incredibly stupid, he must have been completely out of his mind!  Why else would he deliberately buy an obsolete 14,400 Neutrino modem? Well, call me cheap if you want but I still think the 28,800 model is too expensive, besides I have it on very good authority that Apple will drop the price next year.

  John K Clark