[ExI] New CERN neutrino speed results today, and the FTL signal is STILL THERE!

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 03:53:58 UTC 2011

2011/11/20 john clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net>
> Wow, John is right, that cup is dangerously near the edge! I'll put it in a safe place. It was nice of John to warn me about it, it's too bad that means oblivion for him and his entire universe, but that's life, nature just will not allow anybody to observe a paradox.
>
> I know what you're thinking, how could John be so incredibly stupid, he must have been completely out of his mind!  Why else would he deliberately buy an obsolete 14,400 Neutrino modem? Well, call me cheap if you want but I still think the 28,800 model is too expensive, besides I have it on very good authority that Apple will drop the price next year.

Many Worlds' garbage collectors use FTL signaling to prune the
overly-many into only the necessarily-many worlds that are potentially
"real" and have not-yet collapsed?

I guess if you really embrace the idea of multiple existences of
yourself you'd be willing to destroy your universe over something as
annoying as spilling your coffee so that another universe gets extra
run-time resources (where the spill doesn't happen).

Perhaps it's not as simple as the modem example.  'sounds more like
Improbability Drive.