[ExI] Retrocausal Writing

Darren Greer darren.greer3 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 11:47:38 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 12:34 AM, The Avantguardian <
avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

has anyone else here had any instances where a piece of writing be it a
novel, academic paper, or what have you simply seemed to write itself?

I've had it and so have others I've talked too. But I've also had times
when the damn thing had to be extracted with a chain lift and the work has
been just as good. Or part of what you're writing comes effortlessly and
seemingly fully formed and others don't.

When this occurs did you ever get the sense that the finished work was
using you as a means to bring it into being?

Yes, but I agree with with Adrian. When this happens it's as if
the subconsciousness has already written the book and you're
just consciously overseeing the details of its production. One of the
abilities required to write fiction, at least, seems to be rooted in the
ability to store and then extract seemingly unrelated bits information and
make broad connections between them. This takes place largely on
an unconscious level, or it least it does in my experience. So sometimes it
seems as if you're not doing the work but something or someone else is.

If so might this qualify as evidence of retrocausality?

I had a strange experience a couple of months ago which messed with my
head. I had written a scene where an author gets up in front of a room full
of people to do a reading and a member of the audience stands up and
accuses him of being a fraud and a reprobate. A few days later
a friend gave me a movie that I had never heard of nor seen and asked me to
watch it. The first scene in the film was identical to the scene I had
written a few days before. The whole thing was quite creepy.
Retrocausility? I doubt it. I tend to believe that I actually had seen the
film before and couldn't remember. Or I had been told about it. Or it was
just a massive coincidence. I was more impressed with the brain's ability
to store and then recall information than I was with a possible
time-related disruption of inertial frames of reference.