[ExI] The End of the Future

Dennis May dennislmay at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 18:07:47 UTC 2011

Stefano Vaj wrote:

> Actually, no. As long as we accept the Principle
> of Computational Equivalence, given sufficient
> computational resources the "market" itself can
> be emulated at an arbitrary low level as anything
> else: the inner working of a star, a biological
> brain, the entire universe...

So those involved in the market are expected not
to react to the fact that central planners are making
their economic decisions for them?  Those who
create technology and innovate will have their
inventions "emulated" for them by a central
planner who knows what is best before it is
even created?  Everything is now a commodity
so nothing new need be created in this central
planning paradise?

It would seem you are contemplating a massive
parallel computational resource incorporating
all human minds making the final decisions for
every step in the market process - not a small
number of serial central planners at the top.
The Mbrain replacing humans is the solution
of how to make central planning finally work?
There becomes only one planner, one market,
one being interacting with itself with perfect
information?

Low level modeling alone will miss virtually
all innovation and the results of innovation.

Dennis May

 .