[ExI] The End of the Future

Dennis May dennislmay at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 20:32:40 UTC 2011

Stefano Vaj wrote:

> Entirely different issue.

> We were just discussing whether carbon is by
> definition faster than silicon.

> It may, but it need not, be. My point however is
> that you seem to have religious reasons to think
> otherwise.

The subject originated as observations indicating
a decline in human intellectual productivity.

I noted that this decline can be directly tied to
the information bottlenecks and resulting
inefficiencies of central planning.  A small
serial processing system inhibiting what is
inherently a large parallel neural process.

This information based view of the central
fallacy of central planning has been around
for a very long time.  Information theory
seems very important in relation to the subject
matter of this discussion site.  I think it is
appropriate that the central fallacy be
examined in this light.

"Religious reasons" does not address the
question of information available to central
planners versus everyone else and how
everyone else reacts to central planners -
living in information and processing
poverty - making decisions for them.

Dennis May