[ExI] The End of the Future

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 16:27:17 UTC 2011

2011/10/5 Amon Zero <amon at doctrinezero.com>:
> And on that note, at the top of the page linked below you will find a
> leaflet which will be distributed at the Occupy Dallas protests tomorrow,
> which addresses exactly these things (necessarily briefly, being a
> leaflet!). It doesn't explicitly mention transhumanism, but the website
> itself is of course chock-full of futurist, pro-tech, & transhumanist
> sentiment.
> If anyone agrees with the views expressed there, we would very much
> appreciate you spreading the word.
> http://zerostate.net

That bit about an alternative government is a great way to discredit the
movement.  (Unless you actually have the armed force to overthrow the
current government, which you don't, you'll be cracked down on and
tossed in jail long before you accomplish any meaningful change, and
most people know it.  Thus, advocating for alternative government
encourages people not to waste their time.)

Almost like you're being paid to do this by the powers that be - yet
another of those "astroturf" movements that the public is getting tired
of.

If you don't wish to give that impression, might I suggest something
like this?  "We will form a counter-tea party, to tap the grass roots
anger of real ordinary Americans, and elect a Congress that will
demand crackdowns on the corporate titans who have bought out our
government, and the arrest of the leaders of both major parties under
the RICO Act."  That proposes a far more achievable course of action.

If you need more space, the QR code can be usefully relocated to
the top left or top right corner.