[ExI] War drives innovation

Dennis May dennislmay at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 01:11:29 UTC 2011

Dan Ust wrote:

> ... In my opinion, better to avoid war all together than to arm for it
...Dan

Spike wrote:

> History's lesson is that the way to avoid war altogether is to arm for it.
> Weakness is provocation.

The happy medium is to let private security agencies arm
themselves as they see fit.  If they invest wisely in advanced
weapons which prevent war they have done so by non-coercive
means while avoiding the terrible cost of actual war.

A well armed populace is a deterrent to invasion.  Advanced
abilities to deal with issues anywhere on the globe can
deter some kinds of attacks.  A very big topic in general.

Dennis May