[ExI] The twists & turns of politics & idealism (was: The End of the Future)

Amon Zero amon at doctrinezero.com
Fri Oct 7 12:34:46 UTC 2011

On 7 October 2011 12:02, Amon Zero <amon at doctrinezero.com> wrote:

> All comments so far have focussed on one sentence in the paragraph above.
> Now thinking of changing it to the following:
>
> "On that day, the Zero State will create the beginnings of a democratic,
> open, global Alternative or parallel Government. The Alternative Government
> is intended as a people's forum..."

Last post on this unless anyone has anything to add, or ask.

Just before anyone rightly hauls me up on this point, it looks we'll avoid
calling this thing a 'government' (too many distractions and
misconceptions), and focus on it as a resource-coordination group and forum.
Same goals, *much* more modest language. It seems most likely that we'll set
it up in the form of a resource-coordination group and public forum.

The point here (I worry that some might miss it and think that I'm trolling)
is an attempt to inject transhumanist ideas into aspects of society outside
the usual circles of transhumanist discourse. Politics being just one such
aspect, of course.

Cheers,