[ExI] bull whoops ass

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Oct 8 16:21:38 UTC 2011

Have we anyone here from Spain?  Or anyone who knows from bullfighting?
Please, I have a legitimate question here.  I have heard of this puzzling
form of cultural entertainment of using these magnificent beasts as play
toys, and OLE and all that.  Do let us ignore for the moment the ethical
questions that such a thing invites, for I am not a vegetarian, I have no
moral high ground from which to take pot shots.

As I understand it the matador pokes these colorful projectiles into the
flesh of the bull, presumably until it is too injured to continue charging,
at which time the hapless beast is put out of its excruciating misery.  But
what happens in the rare event that the bull kicks the matador's goddam ass?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1ed_1318023888

What happens to the bull then?  Please tell me they tranquilize the victor,
veterinarians patch his wounds and allow the horny bastard to live the rest
of his life in a peaceful pasture (the bull I mean) with a steady supply of
fertile and amorous cows.  If you tell me they slay the beast anyways, EVEN
AFTER HE HAS WON THE GODDAM MATCH decisively indeed, then I will be
disappointed with an entire nation.

Spaniards?  Bullfighting hipsters?  How does it work please?