[ExI] The twists & turns of politics & idealism (was: The End of the Future)

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 16:04:47 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 8:37 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> BillK, the Occupy movement did irreparable harm to itself yesterday by
> demonstrating clearly that they are racists:
>
> http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/10/occupy-atlanta-protesters-use-ass
> embly-rules-to-prevent-rep-lewis-from-speaking/

I read that article, and my take on it was that they were nervous about letting
Lewis speak because he is a Representative, and thus part of the
establishment they are rebelling against.  Unwise, sure - most successful
revolutions got backing from disaffected members of the previously existing
power block - but I didn't see anything in that article that suggested Lewis
being black had anything to do with not being allowed to speak.