[ExI] destructive uploading was AI class (Eugen Leitl)

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Sep 2 12:42:39 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 08:06:45PM -0700, Samantha Atkins wrote:

> Personally I want to replace biological components of my body with
> non-biological alternatives as fast as good alternatives exist and I can
> legally (or successful black market) and financially do so.

We all want that very much. But we're unfortunately not getting
that wish fullfilled so far.

> I agree with that.  And cyborgization is a very very big deal.  Our
> phones for instance are effectively enhancements.  Note that the

Remember SL hipsters who insist their avatars are the true primary,
and the meat secondary at home is expendable (witness them mirroring
the private coronary at home by getting cyberslackjawed).
Even as an art piece, that's remarkably silly.

Technology is great, but in terms of degenerative disease it's
every expensive and buys very little, especially towards end of
life (where you rack up the most astronomic bills in ICU at frankly
terrible quality of life even if doped up to the gills).

> authorities claim the right to effectively lobotomize us or perform mind
> rape as they prohibit these enhanchements from being used in various
> places or ways or turn off the service if inconvenient to them or to

Luckily, hardware is disposable these days. And it's not too expensive
to build your own cloud castles, which take some quite advanced
thieves to get in, if you get them built by the right people.