[ExI] destructive uploading was AI class (Eugen Leitl)

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 12:48:04 UTC 2011

2011/9/2 Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com>

> **
> Personally I want to replace biological components of my body with
> non-biological alternatives as fast as good alternatives exist and I can
> legally (or successful black market) and financially do so.

Personally I think that at the time the distinction between biological and
"un-biological" will have blurred significantly.

In fact, when somebody speaks of a "transfer to silicon", I use to point out
that if current trends in the science of materials and computer engineering
with their current concentration on carbon (see under biochips, nanotubes,
etc.) are any indication of the future, we are more likely to be met by our
machines in the opposite direction. :-)

--
Stefano Vaj