[ExI] Alcor dumping "grandfathering"?

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Sep 2 13:21:00 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 05:33:38AM -0700, Max More wrote:
> Eugene: If you don't want to discuss this publically, fine, but let me know
> privately what you find dyfunctional. Since I've only been on the job for a

Max, will be very happy to. As you're busy, and I'm travelling it will
be not instanteous.

> few months and many positive changes have already been made and more are
> underway, I don't understand why you dismiss my ability to improve things.
> Perhaps you have been reading too much of Darwin's blog, which is replete
> with lies, distortions, exaggerations, and out of context statements, with a

Mike is also a good friend of mine, so I'm naturally biased. However, it
would be very easy to set the record straight by showing where he's
incorrect.

> few truths mixed in. Other than that, I can't understand why you would make
> such a negative judgment.

I was moderately hopeful that you'll be able to kick ass and take names
at Alcor, and in fact I deliberately withheld any kind of comment until recently.
However, what little has been made public so far worries me. But let's move that to private mail.

> And, sheesh, what's wrong with talking of "going on the offensive" with
> boosting membership growth?

By itself, it's a great goal.