[ExI] Alcor dumping "grandfathering"?

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 15:59:43 UTC 2011

2011/9/2 Max More <max at maxmore.com>:

> And, sheesh, what's wrong with talking of "going on the offensive" with
> boosting membership growth?

I wouldn't have continued to add to this thread, but since you
(specifically) asked...

While reading the original post my eye caught on "offensive" before I
parsed the meaning of the expression I was already thinking of the
connotations of that single word.  I've been watching this list for a
few years and while you don't post as frequently as some, I cannot
recall your writing style containing that kind of expression.  I
conceded that I could be less sensitive as Samantha suggested.  I
imagine it would be similarly atypical to read a post from  Keith
referring to hipsters (for example).

I'll refrain from commenting on future posting/writing style.  Rather
than throwing the equivalent of a personality-checksum error, I should
just update those models to accept wider variances.  :)