[ExI] openness on the internet, was RE: Destructive uploading.

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Sep 6 18:16:36 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson

>...I'm sure there will be consequences, but what they are, I have no idea.
I think it may make us a little more forgiving of politicians... perhaps.
Though the recent Anthony Weiner thing shows us that the people aren't all
ready for that kind of forgiveness quite yet. I do predict that the day will
come when what Weiner did will be seen as no big deal, even in political
circles... -Kelly

Interesting aside: when a person goes through the security clearance
process, they investigate everything about a person's life, in ways far more
intimate than a proctology examination.

Here is what I find interesting.  They can clear people who have done
illegal stuff to some very limited degree, such as the last three presidents
who all admitted to doing drugs but not inhaling.  The commander in chief
kinda needs top level clearances, BUT!  ...the wrongdoing must be public
domain knowledge.  What they really work to find is anything for which a
person can be blackmailed.  That they take very seriously as they should.
If a person has done illegal drugs and admits to it, so that no one can hold
them hostage with the info, then the clearance process can continue.

Weiner was blackmail-able.  After the Monica thing, Bill Clinton was
blackmail-able bigtime, and if you read her testimony, Monica did in fact
attempt to blackmail the guy.

If a person has spilled everything about themselves into the public domain,
so long as it isn't technically illegal, they will likely not have a
security clearance denied for withholding information.