[ExI] Destructive uploading.

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 14:17:22 UTC 2011

2011/9/8 Florent Berthet <florent.berthet at gmail.com>:
> Exactly. And that's why I see the destructiveness of an uploading method as
> a non-issue.

Definitely. It still remains, however, an ethological and cultural issue.

Indifference or enthusiasm for having one's brain sliced has
emphatically not be an evolutionary bonus sofar, so reluctance is very
much understandable. I feel it myself, and I think I will as long as
my biological body serves me well enough.

However, the memetic context might well overcome that.

Just think to your everyday Islamic suicide bomber, who may actually
be motivated by the pursuit of a form of immortality that requires
some overcoming of his knee-jerk survival instinct...

--
Stefano Vaj