[ExI] Having money

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Sat Sep 17 16:15:23 UTC 2011

Stefano wrote:

>Please do not mention this right now. My heart is broken, because
>unless I decide to relocate - something I would be reluctant to do
>anyway - I must right now part ways with a substantial chunk of my
>5.000+ beloved books to make room for new ones... :-(

On the plus side, you're in a community that feels your pain....

Glen Cook has a calligraphed quotation on his dealer's table to the
effect that of course you're out of shelf space; everyone worth knowing
is.

I have many more than 5000 books but I won't be satisfied until I have
a working professional's library for each subject I'm interested in, and
there are few subjects I'm not.

Just as the world can be said to be divided into parents and non-parents,
the world can be divided into book people and not.

>OTOH, the electronic thing still does not satisfy me entirely.

Likewise, but I'm really less addicted to books than I am an information
junkie. I'm not sure how safe it'll be for me once I have the prospect of
drinking from the full fire hose with computer-brain linkage.

-- David.