[ExI] millionaires and billionaires

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Wed Sep 28 02:05:14 UTC 2011

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011, Kelly Anderson wrote:

> Understanding the dynamics of millionaires and billionaires is, I
> think, quite relevant to the future, and here is why... In the future
> ALL of us will have what billionaires have today, except in greater
> quantity and variety. We will some day in the not too distant future,
> be able to produce custom yachts for a single use, not even
> billionaires do that today! We will be able to create our own custom
> planets in virtual reality... with creatures even the super rich would
> not be able to create today!
>
> So what is the psychology of the super rich?
[...]
> All of these people became more of what they were before. I had the
> absolute joy of knowing Alan Ashton before he was super rich, as well
> as after... He just became more of what he was before... just like the
> rest of them.
>
> So the take home question for each of us is "what are we?" And when we
> become more of what we are, will that be a good thing or a bad thing?

Wow, I have just finished reading your mail and it was a pleasure.

It made me thinking and even laughing at myself a bit. No, I'm not super
rich. I just imagined myself as arrogant moron and after that, as
super-rich super-arrogant super-moron, building me a spacious house of my
own design, so that my numerous interests could find a place... finally.

Hah! Next time, when HR-woman asks me how I imagine myself ten years from
now, I will have something to say at last.

BTW, Paris, if she got more money...

Regards,
Tomasz Rola