[ExI] millionaires and billionaires

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 09:23:30 UTC 2011

On 28 September 2011 04:05, Tomasz Rola <rtomek at ceti.pl> wrote:
> Wow, I have just finished reading your mail and it was a pleasure.
>
> It made me thinking and even laughing at myself a bit. No, I'm not super
> rich. I just imagined myself as arrogant moron and after that, as
> super-rich super-arrogant super-moron, building me a spacious house of my
> own design, so that my numerous interests could find a place... finally.
>
> Hah! Next time, when HR-woman asks me how I imagine myself ten years from
> now, I will have something to say at last.

Yes, but "rich", especially from a sociological/psychological POV, is
a purely relative concept. And there is no levelling towards a shared
ceiling, since no matter how much the resources available may
increase, we have not limitations in increasing in our desires. Which
is a good thing, basically.

At most, wealth is going to become increasingly more symbolic in
nature, as it has already done for centuries now.

--
Stefano Vaj