[ExI] Problem with time travel WAS Faster than light??

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 08:31:52 UTC 2011

2011/9/29 Dennis May wrote:
> As I said in a previous post the concept of a "finest-grained scale"
> for time has been observationally discredited.

That claim is too strong.  Your reference is one astronomical
observation that a proposed effect has not been detected.
But that does not necessarily abolish Planck time.

The impression I get is that most researchers don't even agree on what
time *is*.
Some think that a fundamental 'time' doesn't even exist.

See:  <http://www.ws5.com/spacetime/>
for a good discussion with plenty of further reading references.
Quote:
Perhaps readers who are not familiar with the current impossibility of
reconciling relativity and quantum theory, may be visiting this site
expecting to find an answer to the question "what is Space-Time?".
Alas, there is no answer, at least not for now, and maybe never.