[ExI] Health and Nutrition

Max More max at maxmore.com
Sun Apr 1 18:35:27 UTC 2012

Cordain's new book, The Paleo Answer, has much fresh information and plenty
of references. It's a bit repetitive in places (e.g. coming back to the
effects of lectins from the POVs of various foods), but very informative.
It's a convenient place to look into recent studies of paleo diets,
including the only four (so far) direct comparisons of paleo with other
diets, including the Mediterranean and diabetes diets. (Paleo comes out
well in all comparisons).

http://www.amazon.com/The-Paleo-Answer-Weight-Great/dp/1118016084/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1333305066&sr=1-9

Warning: The Kindle edition is not well produced and looks rushed. While I
now prefer electronic books, I would have preferred to buy this in the old
format. There is no easy way to jump back and forth between the main text
and the references.

--Max

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 7:39 AM, Ben Zaiboc <bbenzai at yahoo.com> wrote:

> An interesting article from the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition,
> "Origins and evolution of the Western diet: health implications for the
> 21st century":
>
> http://www.ajcn.org/content/81/2/341.full
>
> If you start getting cross-eyed, skip to the summary.
>
> It's encouraging that mainstream nutritionists are starting to wake up to
> the idea that the standard western diet is terribly bad for us, and why.
>

> Also:
> Have any of you heard of Dave Asprey before?:
> http://www.bulletproofexec.com/
>
> Another twist on the palaeolithic diet, but it seems more accessible than
> most.
> I'm not so sure about the putting of butter into coffee, though!
>

> Ben Zaiboc

Max More, PhD
Strategic Philosopher
Co-editor, *The Transhumanist Reader*