[ExI] Finally!

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Apr 22 15:27:47 UTC 2012

>... On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] Finally!

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 2:14 PM, spike wrote:
>>... I have been looking for some means of multiplying opinions by the
level of information in the opinion holder.  We have an informal way ...

>...I fear we are working in a small backwater while the tide of ignorance
sweeps past us.

>...<http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-talk-huppke-obit-facts-2012
0419,0,809470.story>

>...Facts is survived by two brothers, Rumor and Innuendo, and a sister,
Emphatic Assertion.

I can't imagine any good way of filtering out the influence of business,
religion and politics from scientific questions.  We live in an era when
those forces swamp the quiet learned voices of science.  Two modern poster
child examples: evolution and global warming.