[ExI] Welcome to the Future

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Aug 1 10:00:34 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 09:26:14AM +0100, BillK wrote:

> Unemployment seems to be steadily increasing.

This is dynamite to the social order. It will blow up.

> Life expectancy seems to be steadily increasing.

Not at supercentenarian level.

> Birth rates seem to be steadily falling.

Not in all locations, not for all subpopulations.

> Drug consumption (prescribed and non-prescribed) seems to be increasing.
>
> We are rushing into a future where everything is recorded. A future

I'll be putting a HD cam on my bike helmet shortly. Google glasses
without teh GOOG looking over your shoulders: yes, please. Root that bitch.

> where nothing will ever be forgotten. Privacy will be redefined. When

Nope. Not redefined, more difficult to enforce.

> it is realized that everyone is a criminal, the idea of law-breaking
> will have to change.

Why, selective enforcement is so very convenient. Try pissing off a LEO,
or worse: a government institution or a whole branch of it, and you'll
see what I mean.