[ExI] self driving cars again

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Aug 12 00:10:29 UTC 2012

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of spike
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2012 4:23 PM
To: 'ExI chat list'
Subject: Re: [ExI] self driving cars again

>.Young people, I am not kidding: back in the olden days, gas stations hired
guys to do that, for every customer.  It was so creepy!  I don't like having
people do for me that which I can do myself.  But my great aunt really loves
it and misses that. perhaps have a local slacker who is paged by an incoming
geezer, who then comes over and performs the services for a tip.

Actually the concept could be extended to commercial campgrounds.  The solo
tourist could program the camper to pull into special campsites where some
local unemployed youth would come in, plug in the AC power, drain the gray
water and black water tanks, fill with fresh water and gas and check the
tires etc.

>.Hey wait, better idea!  We could have on-call harlots who are paged by an
incoming lonely single geezer. spike

This idea really has legs.  The kind of temporary companionship an elderly
person might want is very different from the one who would attract the
business of a frat boy.  We could have specialty harlots who may even have
nursing training, so that they would just help the single tourist, check
medications, provide a nice erotic massage, share cocktails, read them bible
verses or whatever else they are interested in, sit and have pleasant
conversation, etc.  We could employ those who are too old to be
streetwalkers but would appear young to the solo tourist who rolls in with
his own cathouse.

We really are talking about two different kinds of harlots here, a separate
category entirely from the traditional women of the night who look like
junkies to me, and are really far too young to understand the needs of older
people.  Imagine a lonely 70 yr old woman for instance.  She isn't going to
want a 25 yr old man, but she might go for a well-preserved 60 yr old who
was kind and gentle.

Oh, the money to be made here, so much money.  And so fulfilling it would
be, a good deed as well as a job, for those who are difficult to employ.