[ExI] self driving cars again

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Aug 12 01:00:46 UTC 2012

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of spike
Subject: Re: [ExI] self driving cars again

>.Hey wait, better idea!  We could have on-call harlots who are paged by an
incoming lonely single geezer. spike

Perhaps we could even have a naming contest.  How about Freddy's Chuckwagon?
Or something that rhymes with that.

>.  We could have specialty harlots who may even have nursing training.spike

Perhaps I am obsessing too much over this notion, but there are plenty of
variations on a theme, some of which do not even involve harlots.  If you
haven't seen this video, take the three minutes and view it.  If you have
seen it, view it again:

http://s442.photobucket.com/albums/qq144/65norton/?action=view
<http://s442.photobucket.com/albums/qq144/65norton/?action=view&current=TCBa
nk-DreamRangers.mp4> &current=TCBank-DreamRangers.mp4

-          Could we not imagine a self-driving camper rigged out for five
guys on a grand adventure?

-          How about a kind-hearted soul or a group of lonely women who
would bring them aid and comfort, even just as a charitable act, not as a
job?

-          How about a counterpart big camper filled with elderly
adventurous single women on their own late life fling, could not we arrange
for the two campers to call each other, park in adjacent full service
camping spots and allow the occupants to entertain each other for free?

-          The action could all be so discrete, so 100 miles away, and so
what-happens-in-Freddy's-stays-in-Freddy's-ish, so once-in-a-lifetime.

-          The lads at the elder care hear that old Wilbur just learned his
is terminal.  Could not they arrange a little going away gift for him?

Finally perhaps my best idea of this whole bizarre flight of fancy:

-          Could not we arrange for Alcor to train the entertainers on how
to talk to their clients about the wonders of cryonics?