[ExI] Article on Objectivism, Extropianism, and Transhumanism

Joshua Job nanite1018 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 14:52:20 UTC 2012

I've read it before, but thanks for posting it again. It grates on me a
bit, as it isn't as completely accurate depiction of Objectivism, but it's
okay generally. I'd say it makes several mistakes of misinterpretation
and/or misrepresentation, and that this causes most of his objections. I'm
a Randian Extropian, but don't identify as an Objectivist (I do have a few
philosophical disagreements, but they aren't huge).

I always thought Extropianism was a natural application of Objectivism to
transhumanist the technologies and ideas. The stress on reason,
self-improvement, and free markets that they both possess marks them good
bedfellows. At least as far as the Extropian Principles are concerned, they
seem to be quite compatible.
-Josh Job