[ExI] Article on Objectivism, Extropianism, andTranshumanism

Kevin G Haskell kgh1kgh2 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 14:15:27 UTC 2012

On Tue 14, 2012, Joshua Job wrote:
>> I've read it before, but thanks for posting it again. It grates on me a
bit, as it isn't as completely accurate depiction of Objectivism, but it's
okay generally. I'd say it makes several mistakes of misinterpretation
and/or misrepresentation, and that this causes most of his objections. I'm
a Randian Extropian, but don't identify as an Objectivist (I do have a few
philosophical disagreements, but they aren't huge).

I always thought Extropianism was a natural application of Objectivism to
transhumanist the technologies and ideas. The stress on reason,
self-improvement, and free markets that they both possess marks them good
bedfellows. At least as far as the Extropian Principles are concerned, they
seem to be quite compatible.
>>-Josh Job

Thanks, Josh. That's pretty much how I saw it, as well, regarding the
relationship between Objectivism and Extropianism, and as I see it,
Extropianism being being the pre-cursor concept to Transhumanism, then it
also applies to Transhumanism. To me, more importantly, it also applies to
Singularitarianism. But that should be another article.

Thanks.
Best,
Kevin
--