[ExI] Inflatable helmet

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Sun Aug 19 08:44:39 UTC 2012

Ideally all our clothes would be smart like that. Detecting an impact
(either using accelerometers or short-range radar) it calculates an
optimal configuration of expanding airbags. Although getting the bugs
out the system might be tough - you don't want them to fire off in the
wrong situation, due to hackers or impeding your movement in a crisis.

Another fun possibility is of course to make the clothes actuators on
their own. I played around a bit with this small idea for a roleplaying
game, making use of a concept art picture I came across to envisionm a
jelly spacesuit/exoskeleton:
http://eclipsephase.com/comment/29051#comment-29051

--
Anders Sandberg