[ExI] perps in the school yard, was: RE: Dawkins last book (was: pussy riot case)

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Aug 21 13:42:37 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of BillK
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:54 AM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] Dawkins last book (was: pussy riot case)

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Stefano Vaj wrote:
> I happen to have just finished his last book, The Magic of Reality.
>
>> ... takes the pain of explaining
> concepts that are, or should, be familiar to anybody with a high-school
diploma.

>...Dawkins says that the book is aimed at children around the age of 12 and
upwards to young adults.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magic_of_Reality>  BillK

Cool I need something like that for my son.  He started first grade
yesterday.

Side note: by sheer coincidence, the cops were chasing couple of car thieves
yesterday morning.  They turned toward the local elementary school, so the
cops discontinued the chase, for fear they would bolt through all those kids
on their first day right at the start time, with parents milling about
everywhere, late kids running around looking for classrooms etc.  Four
minutes after the starting bell, the sleazy perps tried to lose themselves
in the cars *in the parking lot of the elementary school* so the constables
followed the wretches into the lot, twenty guys pulled out their service
revolvers, cuffed 'em and stuffed 'em, while the school did the mandatory
lockdown procedure when any firearm is on the school grounds.

So for a bunch of kids, a firearm lockdown drill was their
welcome-to-academia.