[ExI] Manning and Assange

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 21:38:14 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com>wrote:

> If Wikileaks contributed to the Arab Spring, and we all know that that
> continued on to Egypt, and I suspect that will all end VERY badly for
> the people of the Middle East, and most probably us as well... then
> can we lay at least part of the blame at the feet of Assange?

You can blame whomever you want for whatever. I think Arab Spring was
probably a good thing, but it's too soon to say for sure. But even if
Wikileaks triggered Arab Spring and it's turns out to be a bad thing, I
think the blame would have to be shared with the government that did all of
things in those leaked documents that incited the outrage as well as the
people who read those leaked documents and reacted badly to them. Don't
blame the medium or the messenger for the message.

-Dave