[ExI] Manning and Assange

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 18:31:12 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> You can blame whomever you want for whatever. I think Arab Spring was
> probably a good thing, but it's too soon to say for sure.

So you think that the turn of events in Egypt, which has been at peace
with Israel for decades, and is now in the hands of Islamic
fundamentalists to possibly be a good thing. Must be nice to live in
that kind of world.

> But even if
> Wikileaks triggered Arab Spring and it's turns out to be a bad thing, I
> think the blame would have to be shared with the government that did all of
> things in those leaked documents that incited the outrage as well as the
> people who read those leaked documents and reacted badly to them. Don't
> blame the medium or the messenger for the message.

Here I think you make a pretty good point. I wouldn't lay ALL the
blame on Wikileaks by any stretch of the imagination in any case
whatsoever.

I can see the argument that people will behave more nicely when
everything they say about anybody anywhere should be said in a way
that would not be inflammatory if it were to ever go public, but don't
we have a real necessity to occasionally be able to speak truth
without spin?

-Kelly