[ExI] Manning and Assange

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 22:10:26 UTC 2012

On 24 August 2012 22:25, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't find any arrests related to Wikileaks other than that of
> Manning. If there were charges, it would be easier to make the
> argument that Manning did right. Maybe that's why there haven't been
> any... the potential conspiracy theories make me dizzy..

I am no US lawyer, but I wonder whether any evidence collected on the basis
of secret information illegally disclosed would not fall under the "fruit
of a poisonous tree" doctrine, so making any prosecution futile.

This would be quite a paradox, since this doctrine is intended to protect
individuals from illegal government behaviours...

--
Stefano Vaj