[ExI] Forbes posting

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 15:54:28 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 4:00 AM,  Mirco Romanato <painlord2k at libero.it> wrote:

> Il 01/12/2012 01:16, Keith Henson ha scritto:
>> http://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickmichaels/2012/11/30/its-the-holiday-season-and-global-warming-hype-is-filling-the-air/
>>
>> I am a bit annoyed that nobody seems to be asking the engineers how to
>> solve the problem.  It's not like we lack for clean energy; the Earth
>> intercepts only around 1 part in a billion of the Sun's output.
>
> Maybe because there is no real problem?

Mario, I don't like speaking from authority, but sometimes it has to
be done. I have studied this business since the early 1970s and have
the technical background (BSEE) to understand it.

There really is a problem, it's like a person living a lavish
lifestyle on a rapidly depleting bank account, and it's not a creation
of the politicians.

> Politicians need little goblins to numb the mind of common people
> (mainly the common people voting). If the goblin is inexistent it is a
> feature, not a bug. If it doesn't exist it can not, by definition, be
> solved. And this make sure the politician is never out of job.

A main feature of politicians has been to downplay the seriousness of
the consequences of running out of cheap energy.  Not that they had a
lot of other choices because until recently the engineers didn't know
how to solve the problem either.

Keith