[ExI] Forbes posting

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Wed Dec 5 16:15:56 UTC 2012

Il 05/12/2012 16:54, Keith Henson ha scritto:
> On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 4:00 AM,  Mirco Romanato <painlord2k at libero.it> wrote:

>> Politicians need little goblins to numb the mind of common people
>> (mainly the common people voting). If the goblin is inexistent it is a
>> feature, not a bug. If it doesn't exist it can not, by definition, be
>> solved. And this make sure the politician is never out of job.

> A main feature of politicians has been to downplay the seriousness of
> the consequences of running out of cheap energy.  Not that they had a
> lot of other choices because until recently the engineers didn't know
> how to solve the problem either.

Politicians here in Europe/Italy have no problem with high energy costs:
they raise taxes on fuel all the time.
And from what I read, they have no problem to make it costly in US too.

I pay 1.65 €/l for gasoline (make the conversion in US$) and at least
60% of it is just taxes (and I live just a shot from an oil refinery).

Mirco