[ExI] eroei forward for kennedy, p.e.

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 20:15:20 UTC 2012

"...clearly we are not suffering from an energy crisis, and are
not approaching one."

Thanks, Rafal.

All the hand-waving, smoke and mirrors, phony "science", and predictions of
doom are little more than political scare-mongering intended to manipulate
a catastrophically misinformed public into voting political hack "n" into a
high-end govt welfare "job".

We have untouched Iraqi and Iranian $2/bbl oil (and gas).  We have Orinoco
and Atrhabasca tar sands. The former untouched, the latter in a
sufficiently advanced stage of development to justify the expense of a
thousand-mile pipeline (whether it gets built now or later) from Alberta to
Texas refineries.  We have the shale oil/gas play, unlocking worldwide
several multiples of Saudi-level petroleum resources.  And then we have
nuclear.  Forth generation nuclear fission: conventional enriched U235,
"breedable-to-plutonium" U238,  and thorium.  Plus the someday (someday
soon?) possibility of near-endless -- from seawater -- energy from fusion.
Then there's wind power, hydroelectric power, hydrothermal power, wave
power, tide power, OTEC, PV and thermal solar.  And then for the dirt poor
there is abundant and dirt cheap, nasty, dirty coal.

The growth in energy demand worldwide, brought on by the rise of huge
countries like China and India, is rapid, but not so rapid that it outpaces
the ability of market forces to respond appropriately.  Same with the
climate change boogieman.

It's all a load of politicized baloney being exploited by the
aforementioned scaremongers (and others) for the benefit of their own
bottom line.

Don't buy the hoohah.

Best, Jeff Davis

 "During times of universal deceit, telling the
  truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                  George Orwell