[ExI] Unilateralist was uploads

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Mon Dec 24 16:00:11 UTC 2012

On 24/12/2012 11:52, BillK wrote:
> But what if the group is 'insane'? i.e strongly biased in a bad direction.

Then it is an uninteresting problem from an ethics perspective. Biased
people with the wrong values will not make good decisions. We are
interested in what happens when fairly unbiased rational people with
good values fail at making the right decision: if we cannot fix that,
what hope is there for any worse case?

It is of course an important *practical* problem. But the solution is
about preventing insane people from running things. That is separate
from what our paper deals with, we'll solve that later on.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute