[ExI] Cognitive Science - Various Theories

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Sat Dec 29 00:05:41 UTC 2012

Hi everyone - I thought you all might be able to help me better understand
the different of cognitive science that are used to shape the field of
human-computer interaction.  After I have this knowledge, I can then develop
two knowledge sources: (1) historical links to cognitive science (i.e., it
seems HCI borrowed theories form cognitive science to test user performance)
and (2) new links to concepts that lie beyond traditional cognitive science
(e.g., activity theory).

But first, I need to understand the theories in or of cognitive science that
are relative to HCI.  Can someone help me gain knowledge on this?

Thanks!

Natasha