[ExI] Jaw-dropping CWRU Alzheimer's breakthrough?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 14:01:55 UTC 2012

On 11 February 2012 00:38, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> If they find something that looks positive, ANYthing
> positive, I want them to report exactly what they saw and don't bother
> talking about three to five year clinical trials because too many families
> don't have three to five years.

I do not have the foggiest idea about Bexarotene, but I strongly support
your view on that in more general, philosophical terms. "I shall overcome
my mortality, or at least die trying" is what the very old and very new
ethic commands.

> We are in a position to cast caution to the
> wind and become lab rats, for the alternative is bankruptcy of the family
> and gradual death in which even cryonics may not be able to help, as the
> brain may be destroyed long before the body stops functioning.

Another important angle. Should one who is willing to bet on cryonic
suspension really wait for entropic mechanisms destroying his identity to
kick in?

There again, I appreciate that those practically involved with cryonics had
better be prudent in their public stances, but at a philosophical level I
think we should make it abundantly clear that our answer is a resonant No,
political correctness and caution be damned.

--
Stefano Vaj