[ExI] good bexarotene article

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 00:59:34 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

Reagent grade is usually only about 99% pure, Spike. That 1% impurity can be unconsumed reactants, products of side reactions, bacterial endotoxins, or practically anything. So I would discourage anybody from using reagent-grade on a human without having a drug chemist clean it up for you. Feeding reagent grade to mice on the other hand is fine as long as you are not recieving NIH funding. If you are recieving NIH funding then you must use the pharmaceutical or vetinary grade drug.

It is kind of stupid law because it is sort of giving doomed lab rodents a prescription drug benefit that is paid for by tax-payers. Because of this experiments are much more expensive to conduct because you are paying full price for the drugs. But this is the strength of the pharmaceutical lobby in this country. Lab mice get government-subsidized prescription drugs while humans must buy their own. Kind of silly huh?

Also keep in mind that beer is food and regulated by FDA *and* the ATF so if you plan to sell bexarotene-spiked beer, I would get a lawyer and come up with a loophole to exploit first.

Stuart LaForge

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson