[ExI] How many transhumanist

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 11:10:00 UTC 2012

2012/2/19 Giovanni Santostasi <gsantostasi at gmail.com>:
> How can we make more appealing our ideas? We cannot change the world without
> the numbers.

I think this is not correct. Once the technology enables people to do
transhumanist sorts of things, then many more people will become
transhumanists. It's a little like asking someone if they would
install the Mr. Fusion in their car. Well, not so many people are
really worrying about the Mr. Fusion in their car right now, but if
the technology were to become available, then sure, everyone would buy
one.

So it is with transhumanism.

How many people in 1975 were thinking, "Man, I've got to get some
digital music into my life somehow!" Not so many. But a small number
of engineers were working on what would become the CD-ROM, and
eventually that changed the world.

When the technology is ready, the sheep will herd around iTranshuman.

Until then, the only thing we can do is work on the digital human (or
whatever form of transhumanism floats your boat), in what ever way we
can.

Most people can't look three weeks into the future. Asking them to
stare down the barrel of the singularity is just asking too much of
most proles.

-Kelly