[ExI] Doomsday Oil Price: (was RIP: Peak Oil)

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 22:00:03 UTC 2012

---- Original Message -----

I think what society needs is a balanced "energy diet". All this hydrocarbon burning is like a fat-only diet. Literally like spoonfuls of lard or butter. Yes, it is cheap but SSSOOOOO DISGUSTING.  And all this CO2? That is the diarrhea of your high-fat-diet. Don't believe CO2 is diarrhea? Try seeing how long you hold out with a plastic bag sealed over your head. (WARNING: Do *not* actually try.) Yet solar-power, while more expensive than lard er oil, is like the broccoli of energy. It has NO emissions and while it has less calories, those calories can potentially last forever with proper maintenance.

So people, you can continue guzzling that oil, which is like ordering off nature's value menu. Or you can pay the extra bucks to get a balanced energy diet so that you can build strong bones and conquer the stars. The choice is yours, I am just along for the ride.

Stuart LaForge

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." -Thucydides.