[ExI] Perception of time was Wrestling with Embodiment

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 19:49:44 UTC 2012

On 2012/1/23 Stephen Van Sickle wrote:
> Only if, as you say, "you want to stay connected to the mainstream
> culture".  If not, then I don't see any problem maintaining whatever
> clock-rate is best suited to your travel plans.  Through history, leaving
> behind everyone you know and losing connection with your culture has been
> the norm for the very small minority who leave home.  But a very small
> minority is all that is needed to spread across the galaxy.

If your suggestion is correct, then it also implies that life is
extremely rare and we are the first of that type of life in the
galaxy.  The age of the galaxy allows plenty of time for the galaxy to
have been colonised many times over, even at sub-light speeds.

So that would make me think that advanced races with access to space
decide to do something other than spam the galaxy with their species.

BillK