[ExI] Perception of time was Wrestling with Embodiment

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Mon Jan 23 23:14:53 UTC 2012

On 23/01/2012 19:49, BillK wrote:
> If your suggestion is correct, then it also implies that life is
> extremely rare and we are the first of that type of life in the
> galaxy. The age of the galaxy allows plenty of time for the galaxy to
> have been colonised many times over, even at sub-light speeds.

It is worse than that. My colleauge Stuart Armstrong and me are
presenting a paper next week where we show that massive intergalactic
colonization seems to be feasible - it is possible to spam the universe
with your civilisation. Which means that the Fermi question just gets
tougher.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute