[ExI] Perception of time was Wrestling with Embodiment

Amon Zero amon at doctrinezero.com
Thu Jan 26 16:27:11 UTC 2012

On 26 January 2012 15:52, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Our own brain often makes only use of proximity nodes, and need not
> involve the whole of them for everything it does. An M-brain would
> probably have an even more scattered and decentralised way of working,
> but nothing prevents us to consider it nevertheless a single system as
> long as at least *some* communication takes place between its
> "processors".

Yes, given that no-one is assuming a humanlike neural architecture, I
agree. I'm often surprised when people do make this criticism, since it
seems to be the case that they're placing unwarranted restrictions on the
system architecture. Or, at least, restrictions that we don't currently
know to be warranted.

- A