[ExI] Another step towards "real" nanotech

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 17:54:52 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Mike Dougherty <msd001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I like to see the public announcements of super-cool new tech and
> imagine where I should be investing in companies that turn those ideas
> into profitable products - so where do you think this tech is likely
> to impact the market?  (because by the time a product is actually
> ready to market, the early-investment opportunity has passed)

If you really want to commercialize the tech from this kind of announcement,
and you really have (or can get) money to invest, talk to the guys who made
it.  They're mentioned in the story; a bit of googling should get you their
contact info, or at least contact info for the lab they work at (where you can
inquire and get their contact info).

They will probably have ideas for where it might be useful (not always the
best ideas, but it's a starting point from which you can come up with others -
easy to make and/or sufficiently high profit margin for the early stages of a
new business, which almost always turns out to have higher costs than
expected).  They will also have the expertise necessary to make the thing -
critical for commercializing it, at least until you can get them to teach others
by some means.